Favorite Recipe: 10 MINUTE HEALTHY CAULIFLOWER RICE
A healthy twist to fried rice
24 ounces cauliflower florets*
2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
2 large eggs, beaten
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
6 ounces broccoli florets, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and grated
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup frozen peas
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- To make the cauliflower rice, pulse cauliflower in the bowl of a food processor until it resembles rice, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and white pepper; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a medium skillet over low heat. Add eggs and cook until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side, flipping only once. Let cool before dicing into small pieces; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion to the skillet, and cook, stirring often, until onions have become translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in broccoli, carrots, corn and peas, and cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower, eggs, green onions and soy sauce mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through and the cauliflower is tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds, if desired.
Makes 4 Servings
Adapted from damndelicious.net
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.