Favorite Recipe: Chicken Pad Thai
THIS HOMEMADE CHICKEN PAD THAI IN UNDER 60 MINUTES.
8-oz. rice noodles
2 tablespoons olive oil, separated (any high-heat oil works)
1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 large carrots, peeled and sliced matchsticks
2 medium red peppers, thinly sliced
10 green onions, (4-inches of the white part, minced)
4 large eggs, whisked together
1 large lime, cut in half
1/4 cup chopped, salted peanuts
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup maple syrup
1.5 teaspoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
4 tablespoons fish sauce
1.5 tablespoons lime juice
red pepper flakes, to taste
- First prepare the rice noodles by bringing a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the rice noodles to the pot and remove the pot from the heat. Let the noodles sit in the hot water for 8-10 minutes, stirring every 1-2 minutes.
- When the noodles are cooked al dente, pour them in a colander. Rinse them with cold water and set them aside.
- Prepare the pad Thai sauce first by adding all the sauce ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk everything together and set aside.
- Next, slice the chicken breast. Cut the chicken breast in half and then cut them into thin strips that are about 1/2 inch wide and 2.5 inches long.
- Then, heat a large skillet pan over medium/high heat. Add one tablespoon of olive oil to the pan.
- When olive oil is fragrant, add the chicken breast to the pan and cook the chicken until it is fully cooked. Remove chicken from the pan.
- Next, pour out any access liquid from the pan and then add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pan.
- Add carrots, red pepper, and green onions to the pan and sauté the vegetables for 3-4 minutes. Make sure the vegetables do not get mushy!
- When the vegetables are cooked make a nest or hole in the middle of the vegetables and pour the whisked eggs into the hole in the middle of the vegetables.
- Scramble the eggs in the middle of the vegetables with a spatula and cook them into large chunks of scrambled egg. Once all the eggs are cooked, fold the the eggs into the vegetables.
- Finally, add the cooked chicken pieces, the pad Thai sauce, and the noodles to the pan.
- Gently mix all the ingredients together and cook everything together over medium heat until the noodles absorb the sauce and all of the ingredients are hot (about 3-4 minutes)
- Finally, add fresh lime juice and chopped peanuts to the top of the Pad Thai.
Makes 4 – 6 Servings
Adapted from fitfoodiefinds.com
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.