DELICIOUS SOUP WITH FRESH LEMONGRASS, HOMEMADE COCONUT MILK AND BROWN RICE NOODLES. ADD ORGANIC CHICKEN OR FRESH FISH TO MAKE IT HEARTIER.
2 tablespoons coconut oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon grated ginger
2 whole medium scallions, chopped (set some aside)
1 heaping tablespoon Thai red curry simmer sauce
4 cups unsweetened coconut milk
2 to 4 cups water, plus more as needed
2 large carrots, shredded
2 stalks celery, chopped
3 stalks lemongrass
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
2 tablespoon fish sauce
2 cups Sprouted Mung Beans
4 ounces uncooked brown rice noodles
1 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, some set aside for garnish
2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
Himalayan sea salt
Ground black pepper
- Heat a large pot over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the coconut oil and swirl to evenly coat the bottom of the pot.
- Sauté the garlic, ginger, and scallion for 2 minutes.
- Add the red curry sauce and stir for a few minutes, until everything sizzles.
- Add the coconut milk plus 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the carrots, celery, lemongrass, nutritional yeast, and fish sauce and continue boiling for another 2 minutes.
- Add the sprouted mung beans and brown rice noodles. Gently submerge them in the broth.
- Turn off the heat and let stand until the noodles soften, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the lemongrass stalks and add more water if the soup is too thick.
- Stir in the cilantro and lemon juice.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Ladle the soup into a big bowl and garnish with the remaining scallions and cilantro.
Makes 5 Servings
Adapted from sharonfeanny.com